Friday, July 9, 2010

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

In honor of my friend Robyn’s birthday today (I hope her day is the very opposite of this!).  She counts this as one of her favorite books. Henry does too. Actually, this book is very Henry. Sometimes when he is ridiculously miserable and pessimistic I get this out and read it to him. I think it makes him feel better.

Judith Viorst 1972
illustrated by Ray Cruz


It seems like everything that can go wrong does go wrong for Alexander. Like his mom says at the end “Some days are like that.”










My bath was too hot, I got soap in my eyes, my marble went down the drain, and I had to wear my railroad-train pajamas.  I hate my railroad-train pajamas.

1 comment:

  1. Mom says "Some days are like that...even in Australia." :) Thanks, Katie! I used to read this book so much I had to tape the spine back together. Now that you mention it about Henry, I bet that's why Mom got the book for me, too... he he.

    ReplyDelete