Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Littlest Rabbit

It took a day of driving around with my mom, down long driveways to old farmhouses and a stop at the Quakertown Farmer's Market but we came home with a bunny!  Henry's very own rabbit, a sweet mini-lop that's mostly black with grey mottles.  He named him Argle Fumph. 


Robert Kraus 1975

Everything is bigger than this poor little rabbit, even cabbages and carrots.  The other bigger rabbits pick on him and bully him.  But he eats and sleeps and plays and prays that he will grow.  Sure enough he does!  I think the drawings are super-cute.




1 comment:

  1. For some reason I remembered this book and the sad rabbit which I related to so much as a child. Little did I know that events in my life would be like the littlest rabbit. I hope I can find the copy that my mom used to read to me--now that she is gone that's one of the few memories of my childhood with her that I would like to re-live.

    ReplyDelete