Friday, April 20, 2018

The Trouble With Henry

Deborah O'Neal, Angela Westengard
pictures by S.D. Schindler
2005

I'm such a fan of these biographies for children.  When they are done well (such as this one) they are wonderful to read.  Here is an introduction to Henry David Thoreau and his love and passion for nature and the famous Waldon Pond.  While the town of Concord is laboring under the sooty factories and race for money, Henry is building his cabin and marveling at what nature has to show him.  I love when Charlotte asks if a story that she likes is "true" and I can tell her "Yes!"











This one is particularly poignant to me because my own Henry has such a love for nature and animals. (He's planning to study Environmental Science in college next year).  

No comments:

Post a Comment